Cold Storage Doors
Few components in a cold store makes a greater difference in operating efficiency and energy savings than the cold storage doors being used. Our industrial cold storage doors are the heaviest duty doors on the market. We use only the most reliable components available to ensure a long and trouble-free life.
With the widest range of cold storage doors available to meet any requirements you may have, from simple hinged or manual sliding doors to high-speed bi-parting or bi-folding doors. In addition, we offer specialty doors like high-speed fabric roll-up or fire rated sliding doors.
Types of Cold Storage Doors
- BI-PARTING HORIZONTAL SLIDE DOOR: Used for personnel and material handling traffic where space is a limiting factor. Suitable for interior and exterior applications in coolers, freezers, and food processing facilities. Especially useful in areas where forklifts and pallet jacks operate. Manual and automatic options available.
- HORIZONTAL SLIDE: Single horizontal slide doors are used for personnel and material handling traffic where space restricts the use of swing doors or when installation space is only available on one side of the door opening (corridors and loading platforms). They are suitable for interior and exterior applications in coolers, freezers, and food processing facilities. Especially useful in areas where forklifts and pallet jacks operate. Manual and automatic options available.
- SINGLE SWING DOORS: Manual single swing doors are used for personnel and hand truck traffic in buildings where environmental control is necessary. Suitable for coolers, freezers, or environment test chambers. Good for interior or exterior use. Custom made for new or replacement applications and available with an array of hardware choices.
- DOUBLE SWING DOORS: Double swing doors have the same features as single swing doors, but are double wide and have an inactive leaf that can be opened to accommodate forklift or motor vehicle access. It also has a ‘breakaway’ feature to minimize damage from material handling equipment.
- SINGLE SWING ENERGY SAVER DOORS: Same great features as single swing doors, but the design on these doors incorporate a 2″ thick foamed-in-place exterior overlap with a low profile interior. The hardware package further enhances the insulating qualities by mechanically compressing the gaskets. This design has unlimited applications.
- PERSONNEL DOORS: Personnel doors are designed for a variety of light duty applications. They are energy efficient doors that can be used as an identical substitute or replacement for any standard interior wood, composite, or metal pass-through door. It has the look and feel of a standard office door, with the energy saving attributes of a cold storage door, including full thermal breaks in both the door and the frame. Not suitable for freezer use.
- ADAPT-A-DOOR: The versatile Adapt-A-Door puts an end to problems with replacement and retrofitting of doors for walk-in and refrigerated warehouses. Choose from three varieties that make it easy to replace a worn-out or ill-fitting door in any walk-in or warehouse.
- GLASS DISPLAY DOORS: Glass doors are utilized in merchandisers for coolers and freezers, as well as, supermarkets, liquor stores, and convenience stores. These types of doors are available in a wide variety of styles including, 2-pane unheated glass, 2-pane heated glass, and 3-pane unheated glass.
- HIGH SPEED AUTOMATIC DOORS: A high speed automatic door allows for rapid entry and exit of the cold store, maximizing productivity. An automated high speed door minimizes energy loss and is always closed when it needs to be. Strip curtains are no substitute for a well insulated closed door – they can ice up, scratch, and become opaque, reducing visibility.. hazardous for fork-truck traffic. With a well designed layout, a high speed automatic door provides a clear view through the door opening, and in many cases, the fork truck does not have to slow down. High speed also reduces the chance that the door will get hit. Reliability also plays an important role. A door that does not seal properly or fails, will waste costly energy, reduced productivity and incur high maintenance costs.
Cold Storage Door Features
Cold Storage Door Brands
BMIL Technologies, LLC has the experience to plan and integrate cold storage door systems into your merchandising and industrial requirements. From custom cold storage doors to pre-engineered glass display doors, let us help you with your cold storage needs.