Innovative split-system DOAS cuts costs in half while controlling the ideal humidity and temperature for your cold room.
If you own a business with a walk-in refrigerator or freezer room, you may know about an international building code that requires cold rooms to be ventilated with outdoor air. If fresh outdoor air is passing through the cold room, contaminants won’t build up in the air. Unventilated cold rooms could be hazardous to your employees’ health. Since the onslaught of the COVID pandemic, this fresh air ventilation building code has been more tightly enforced, causing businesses to spend thousands of dollars on a Dedicated Outdoor Air System (DOAS) to meet the code’s requirements.
Here’s the problem: most DOAS units are cumbersome and expensive. They are large, single units. It’s not easy to put outdoor make-up air into freezers and coolers because the amount of moisture in the outdoor air creates condensation inside the cold rooms. Condensation creates huge problems that costs money and product. The experts at BMIL got to work, finding a better solution. We came up with the OA 1000.
What does the OA 1000 do?
The OA 1000 is a DOAS that comes in two parts, an indoor part and an outdoor part. The indoor part is the air handler. The air handler can operate at different speeds, making the OA 1000 a variable machine, good for more than simply meeting the cold room ventilation code. The other part of the system can easily be mounted outdoors.
With the OA 1000 DOAS, you get the following benefits:
- Variable Outdoor Airflow. The air handler is adjustable, changing the amount of outdoor air ventilating through the room depending on the room’s occupancy.
- Dehumidifier. Our DOAS controls and maintains the humidity levels without raising the temperature of the room.
- Energy Efficiency. The OA 1000 uses less horsepower to process the same amount of air as the leading competitor DOAS. There is no need to buy more refrigeration equipment to keep the room cooler.
- Simple Installation. Easily install the two-part DOAS. No air ducts are necessary.
How is the OA 1000 different from the competitors’ DOAS?
BMIL saw the problems that business owners were having when purchasing and installing a DOAS for their refrigerated rooms. The DOAS came all in one big, cumbersome box. It cost about a quarter of a million dollars, and it took 25-30 weeks to ship. In other words, the DOAS was a major headache. We wanted to find something that would be easier to install, cheaper to operate, and could ventilate the room efficiently without raising the temperature of the room or creating condensation problems.
BMIL’s OA 1000 is different from the competing DOAS units in a number of ways.
- Fast shipping. The OA 1000 is split into two parts. We keep the indoor air handler in stock for fast shipping. The outdoor piece can be shipped in approximately eight weeks. This makes the lead time on our DOAS a quarter of the time it takes to get the competitor’s DOAS.
- Half the price. That’s right. Because we came up with the OA 1000 by using components from our DZ-2000 cold room dehumidifier technology, we are able to produce your DOAS at half the price of the competitor.
- Lower dew point temperatures. Condensation is a huge issue when it comes to ventilating cold rooms. Too much condensation in the room, and you’ve got drips that could spoil your product and create a mess that needs to be cleaned up with a full sanitation shift. The OA 1000 dehumidifies your cold room by creating very low dew point temperatures in your cold room. For example, using 1,000 CFM, you can take the outdoor air down to an 18 °F dew point while keeping the indoor temperature at 50 °F.
- Less horsepower. The OA 1000 delivers maximum fresh air ventilation using less energy than the competitors’ DOAS.
Let’s review. Our DOAS beats the competition by processing the same amount of air with less equipment and less horsepower. The OA 1000 costs half the price of the competition, and it takes a quarter of the time to ship. Which DOAS are you going to buy?
Trust the company with over 50 years of refrigeration manufacturing experience.
BMIL Techonologies, LLC is an international supplier of industrial and commercial refrigeration equipment. We understand the problems and issues you are encountering today. For over 50 years, we have been reliably coming up with innovative solutions to meet your refrigeration needs. Now, when air contamination is a major issue that must be addressed through proper ventilation, BMIL is here to help.
Check out some of our top brands.
- Frio Verde. This ultra-high efficiency refrigeration system improves the efficiency of standard condensing units.
- DZ-2000. The Dry Zone DZ-2000 Wash-Down dehumidifies your cold room to prevent condensation build-up.
- RefriLogic. A refrigeration control system for reliable operation of redundant systems.
- Learn more about our other popular brands that meet all your refrigeration needs.
Purify the air in your cold rooms.
The OA 1000 will allow you to meet the building codes concerning outdoor air ventilation of your cold rooms. But what if you want to do more to keep your employees safe from air contamination? We have another great solution for you.
Our commercial COVID air purifier unit, called Heal Air, sanitizes the air in your cold rooms by capturing and killing airborne pathogens, including Coronavirus. This air sterilization unit is 99.7% effective at microbial removal. Learn all about the Heal Air unit, its operation, and its qualifications.
When you order your DOAS, let us know if you would also like the Heal Air unit for more protection against air contamination.
Get a Free Quote for Your DOAS
Contact us today to get a customized quote. Take care of your fresh air ventilation issues. We are refrigeration professionals, and we can help you meet necessary codes with our innovative solutions that cost less than the competition. We look forward to working with you!